Edelbrock Part # 2166 Performer 460 intake manifold is designed for street 429/460 c.i.d. Ford V8's. Will not fit 429 Cobra-Jets or 1966-68 462 Lincolns and will not accept stock spread-bore carb. Will not fit 1988 and later models. Edelbrock's Patented Dual-plane, low-rise design with a 180-degree firing order greatly improves torque over a wide rpm range for excellent throttle response from off-idle through 5500rpm. This Performer intake manifold is ideal for passenger cars, trucks, 4x4s, tow vehicles and RVs. Must use the stock OE EGR plate!
- For idle to 5500 RPM street-driven performance
- Dual-plane low-rise intake with 180-degree firing order
- Patented runner design ensures broad torque curve
- Excellent throttle response and mid-range power
- Accepts late-model choke, water neck and HEI ignition
- Accepts A/C and alternator
- Accepts exhaust heated chokes
|Car/Engine:||Ford Big Block|
|Engine Notes:||429/460 cui - 1987 and earlier|
|Intake Style:||Dual Plane|
- Recommended intake gasket: Edelbrock # 7223 or Fel-Pro # MS96018
- Replacement EGR plate gaskets: Edelbrock # 3898
- Manifold height: A-3.75", B-4.49" same as stock
- Carburetor pad height: 4.12"
- Carburetor recommendations: Edelbrock AVS2 or Performer Series 650-800 cfm, for automatic transmissions use # 1483 and # 1495 or # 1844
- Camshaft recommendations: Performer Plus #2167
- Port exit dimensions: 1.65" x 1.96"
- Use RTV sealant to properly seal end seals, such as Edelbrock High Temp Silicone sealant # 1076, DO NOT USE END SEALS GASKETS.
- Hardened washers Must be used with intake bolts to ensure proper torque and prevent galling of the aluminum.