Edelbrock Part # 7164 Performer RPM Q-Jet intake manifold is designed for street 396-502 c.i.d. Chevy V8's with large oval-port (1975 and earlier) heads. This intake manifold is designed works with spread-bore carburetors, but also works with Edelbrock square-bore carbs without an adapter. No provisions for hot air style chokes. Accepts divorced choke, late-model waterneck, air-conditioning, alternator and HEI equipment.
- Best for the ultimate in street high-performance
- Designed for 1500 to 6500 RPM street-driven power
- Dual-plane high-rise intake with 180-degree firing order
- Produces incredible top-end horsepower
- Retains good throttle response and acceleration
- Larger plenum and runners maximize other upgrades
- Edelbrock total power package maximizes gains
- Designed for spread-bore Q-Jet carburetors
|Car/Engine:||Chevrolet Big Block|
|Engine Notes:||396-454 cui - Oval Ports|
|Intake Style:||Dual Plane|
- Recommended intake gasket: Edelbrock # 7203
- Manifold height: A-4.45", B-6.0"; Carb pad height: 5.22"
- Carburetor recommendations: Edelbrock AVS2 or Performer Series 650-800 cfm. Use bracket # 8031 for 1972-78.
- Camshaft Recommendations: Performer RPM Camshaft #7162
- Port exit dimensions: 1.60"w x 1.94"t.
- Will not fit under the stock hood of Corvette, 1964-67 Chevelle, or 1967-81 Camaro.
- Use RTV sealant to properly seal end seals, such as Edelbrock High Temp Silicone sealant # 1076, DO NOT USE END SEALS GASKETS.
- Hardened washers Must be used with intake bolts to ensure proper torque and prevent galling of the aluminum.