Edelbrock Part # 7531 RPM Air-Gap AMC intake manifold is designed for 1970-91 304-401 c.i.d. V8 applications. The RPM Air-Gap intake manifold incorporates the same race-winning technology as our Victor Series competition intakes. The air-gap design features an open air space that separates the runners from the hot engine oil for a cooler, denser charge and more power. Includes standard oil fill and PCV provisions as well as early air conditioning support bracket accessory bosses. For square-bore carbs. No provision for exhaust-heated chokes. No exhaust crossover.
- Based on performer RPM-series with unique air gap
- Air gap cooler and denser mixture for more power
- Designed for 1500 to 6500 RPM street-driven power
- Dual-plane high-rise intake with 180-degree firing order
- Produces incredible top-end horsepower
- Retains good throttle response and acceleration
- Includes standard oil fill, PCV and A/C assembly bosses
- Not for exhaust-heat chokes
- No exhaust crossover
|Car/Engine:||AMC / Jeep|
|Engine Notes:||304-401 cui - 1970-1991|
|Intake Style:||Dual Plane|
- Recommended intake gasket: Fel-Pro MS96011
- Must use factory style metal valley tray
- Has two center bolt holes offset
- Manifold height: A-4.45", B-5.77"
- Carburetor pad height: 5.11"
- Carburetor recommendations: Edelbrock AVS2 or Performer Series 600-800 cfm.
- Camshaft Recommendations: Performer RPM #7132
- Port exit dimensions: 1.04" x 2.10"
- Edelbrock bracket # 8034 required for 1979 and later vehicles
- Use RTV sealant to properly seal end seals, such as Edelbrock High Temp Silicone sealant # 1076, DO NOT USE END SEALS GASKETS.
- Hardened washers Must be used with intake bolts to ensure proper torque and prevent galling of the aluminum.