Edelbrock Part # 5425 C-26 Dual-Quad intake manifold is for 1955-86 262-400 c.i.d. S/B Chevys. This dual-quad has a low profile for hood clearance on most vehicles. Air-conditioning bosses and front oil filler tube boss included. Stock alternator brackets do not fit Carb center to carb center: 6-7/16". Accepts oil fill tube and breather #4803. Use with Performer-Plus cam #2103 for low-end torque or Torker-Plus cam/kit #5002 for top-end power.
- Designed for 1500 to 5500 RPM performance
- Low profile for hood clearance on most vehicles
- Air-conditioning/front oil tube bosses included
- Stock alternator brackets do not fit
- Use Edelbrock fuel line kit #8088 with Edelbrock carburetors
- Carburetor center-to-center dimensions = 6-7/16 inch
- Use Edelbrock linkage kit #7094 with Edelbrock carburetors
- Best matched with Edelbrock 500 cfm carburetors
|Car/Engine:||Chevrolet Small Block|
|Engine Notes:||262-400 cui - 1986 and earlier|
- Manifold heigt: A-2.95", B-3.55"
- Carburetor pad height: 3.25"
- Carburetor recommendations: EdelbrockAVS2 Series # 1903 and # 1904 500 cfm.
- Port exit dimensions: 1.18" x 1.90"
- Recommended intake gasket: Edelbrock # 7201.
- Use RTV sealant to properly seal end seals, such as Edelbrock High Temp Silicone sealant # 1076, DO NOT USE END SEALS GASKETS.
- Sealant must be used on intake bolt threads if the threads extend into lifter valley or coolant passage.
- NPT/Pipe thread fittings require the use of Teflon tape or paste on threads to ensure a proper seal.
- DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN NPT/Pipe fittings, this may cause the aluminum to crack around the fitting boss. NPT/Pipe thread is a tapered thread.
- Hardened washers Must be used with intake bolts to ensure proper torque and prevent galling of the aluminum.
- H.E.I. will fit
- Even though manifolds are compatible with EGR systems, this does not mean they are legal for use on emissions controlled vehicles. Check local laws for legality.
- Proper installation is the responsibility of the installer. Improper installation will void your warranty and may result in poor performance and engine or vehicle damage.