Edelbrock Part # 7163 Performer RPM 2-R intake manifold is designed for street 396-502 c.i.d. Chevrolet V8's with high-performance rectangular-port cylinder heads. This dual-plane high-rise manifold offers maximum horsepower with a broad torque curve. No provisions for exhaust heated chokes. Accepts late-model waterneck, air-conditioning, alternator and HEI equipment.
- Best for the ultimate in street high-performance
- Designed for 1500 to 6550 RPM street-driven power
- Dual-plane high-rise Intake with 180-degree firing order
- Produces incredible top-end horsepower
- Retains good throttle response and acceleration
- Larger plenum and runners maximize other upgrades
- Edelbrock total power package maximizes gains
- Designed for square port heads
|Car/Engine:||Chevrolet Big Block|
|Engine Notes:||396-454 cui - Rectangular Ports|
|Intake Style:||Dual Plane|
- Recommended intake gasket: Edelbrock # 7202
- Manifold height: A-4.45", B-6.0" (.25" taller than stock high-rise aluminum manifold)
- Carburetor pad height: 5.22"
- Carburetor recommendations: Edelbrock AVS2 or Performer Series 650-800 cfm. Use bracket # 8031 for 1972-78.
- Port exit dimensions: 1.56"w x 2.24"t
- Will not fit under the stock hood of Corvette, 1964-67 Chevelle or 1967-81 Camaro.
- Use RTV sealant to properly seal end seals, such as Edelbrock High Temp Silicone sealant # 1076, DO NOT USE END SEALS GASKETS.
- Hardened washers Must be used with intake bolts to ensure proper torque and prevent galling of the aluminum.