Edelbrock Part # 7566 RPM Air-Gap 460 intake manifold is designed for street and high performance 429/460+ c.i.d. Ford V8's with standard or Cobra Jet heads. The RPM Air-Gap 460 incorporates the same race-winning design that’s been used on our Victor Series competition intakes for decades. The Air-Gap design features an open air space that separates the runners from the hot engine oil resulting in a cooler, denser charge for more power. It also features a larger cross sectional area (3.3 square inches) than the Performer RPM 460 manifold #7166 intake manifold for even more power in high performance and large displacement engines. The carb mount flange accepts both square-bore and spread-bore carbs for Cobra Jet applications. Will not fit 1988 and later models. Note: Early Cobra Jets came with Quadrajets.
- Based on performer RPM series with a unique air gap
- Air gap cooler and denser mixture for more power
- For 1500-6500 RPM street-driven performance
- Dual-plane low-rise intake with 180-degree firing order
- Patented runner design ensures broad torque curve
|Car/Engine:||Ford Big Block|
|Engine Notes:||429/460 cui - 1987 and earlier|
|Flange:||Square Bore, Spread Bore|
|Intake Style:||Dual Plane|
- Recommended intake gasket: Edelbrock # 7223 or Fel-Pro # 1230/# 1231
- Manifold height: A-4.81", B-6.15"
- Carburetor pad height: 5.48"
- Carburetor recommendations: Edelbrock AVS2 or Performer Series 750-800 cfm. For automatic transmissions use # 1483 and # 1495 or # 1844.
- Port exit dimensions: 1.76" x 2.06"
- Use RTV sealant to properly seal end seals, such as Edelbrock High Temp Silicone sealant # 1076, DO NOT USE END SEALS GASKETS.
- Hardened washers Must be used with intake bolts to ensure proper torque and prevent galling of the aluminum.