Edelbrock Part # 5061 Torker II 2-O intake manifold is designed for street 396-502 c.i.d. Chevy V8's with large oval-port cylinder heads (1975 and earlier). Manifold not equipped with EGR. Will not fit “tall block” V8 engines. The Torker II 2-O intake manifold is a singe plane low rise intake that’s great for high performance applications that have limited hood clearance. The manifold has an exhaust crossover for easy cold-weather warm-ups, but no provisions for exhaust heated chokes or EGR. Customers will need either electric or manual choke carburetors. Not for heavy vehicles, for trucks, vans use Performer 2-O #2161.
- 2500 to 6500 RPM high-performance street engines
- Single-plane low-rise intake good for high RPMs
- Ideal for applications with limited hood clearance
- For top-end HP and adequate throttle response
- Not for mileage or emissions applications
- Use with large oval port heads (1975 and earlier)
- Will fit under Corvette hood without modifications
- Not for tall block V8 engines
|Car/Engine:||Chevrolet Big Block|
|Engine Notes:||396-454 cui - Oval Ports|
|Intake Style:||Single Plane|
- Recommended intake gasket: Edelbrock # 7203
- Manifold height: A-3.050", B-4.600" (.25" taller than stock Corvette)
- Carburetor pad height: 3.82"
- Carburetor recommendations: Edelbrock AVS2 or Performer Series 650-800 cfm. Use bracket # 8031 for 1972-78.
- Camshaft Recommendations: Torker Plus #5062
- Port exit dimensions: 1.35" x 1.90"/1.60" x 1.90"
- Use RTV sealant to properly seal end seals, such as Edelbrock High Temp Silicone sealant # 1076, DO NOT USE END SEALS GASKETS.
- Hardened washers Must be used with intake bolts to ensure proper torque and prevent galling of the aluminum.