Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs*
In Stock - Ready to ship,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 Workdays
- Order number: EDL-5001
Edelbrock Part # 5001 Torker II intake manifold is designed for 1955-86 high-performance street 262-400 c.i.d. small-block Chevys. This Torker manifold is a singe plane low rise intake that’s great for high performance applications that have limited hood clearance. The manifold has an exhaust crossover for easy cold-weather warm-ups, but no provisions for exhaust heated chokes or EGR. Customers will need either electric or manual choke carburetors. Accepts late-model water neck, air-conditioning, alternator and HEI ignition. The Intake manifold will fit Corvette and '87 and later stock heads. Will not fit '87 and later cast iron heads and will not cover port openings of Chevrolet Bowtie or LT1 heads. Not for heavy vehicles (trucks, vans etc.): use Performer EPS #2701.
- 2500 to 6500 RPM high-performance street engines
- Single-plane low-rise intake is good for high RPMs
- Ideal for applications with limited hood clearance
- For top-end HP and adequate throttle response
- Not for mileage or emissions applications
- For trucks or vans use Edelbrock #2701 instead
- Not for LT1 or Chevy Bowtie heads
- Not for 1987 and later stock aluminum heads
|Car/Engine:||Chevrolet Small Block|
|Engine Notes:||262-400 cui - 1986 and earlier|
|Intake Style:||Single Plane|
- Manifold ht: A-3.53", B-4.63"
- Carburetor pad height: 4.08"
- Carburetor recommendations: Edelbrock AVS2 or Performer Series 600-800 cfm. Use bracket # 8031 or # 8036 for 1972-78.
- Camshaft recommendations: Torker Plus #5002.
- Port exit dimensions: 1.09" x 1.73"
- Recommended intake gasket: Edelbrock # 7201.
- Use RTV sealant to properly seal end seals, such as Edelbrock High Temp Silicone sealant # 1076, DO NOT USE END SEALS GASKETS.
- Use #8504 Edelbrock bolt kit
- Sealant must be used on intake bolt threads if the threads extend into lifter valley or coolant passage.
- NPT/Pipe thread fittings require the use of Teflon tape or paste on threads to ensure a proper seal.
- DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN NPT/Pipe fittings, this may cause the aluminum to crack around the fitting boss. NPT/Pipe thread is a tapered thread.
- Hardened washers Must be used with intake bolts to ensure proper torque and prevent galling of the aluminum.
- Even though manifolds are compatible with EGR systems, this does not mean they are legal for use on emissions controlled vehicles. Check local laws for legality.
- Proper installation is the responsibility of the installer. Improper installation will void your warranty and may result in poor performance and engine or vehicle damage.