Edelbrock Part # 7104 Performer RPM Q-Jet intake manifold is designed for 1955-86 262-400 c.i.d. Chevy V8's for spread-bore (Q-Jet) or square-bore carbs. Delivers maximum power and a broad torque curve for high-performance street. Carb pad will accept square-bore carbs without adapters. Performer RPM Q-Jet has same provisions as #7101. Will not fit under stock Corvette hood
- Best for the ultimate in street high-performance
- Designed for 1500 to 6500 RPM street-driven power
- Dual-plane high-rise intake with 180-degree firing order
- Produces incredible top-end horsepower
- Retains good throttle response and acceleration
- Larger plenum and runners maximize other upgrades
- Edelbrock total power package maximizes gains
- For spread-bore and square-bore carburetors
|Car/Engine:||Chevrolet Small Block|
|Engine Notes:||262-400 cui - 1986 and earlier|
|Intake Style:||Dual Plane|
- Manifold ht: A-4.20", B-5.25" (.70" taller than # 2101)
- Carburetor pad height: 4.27"
- Carburetor recommendations: Edelbrock AVS2 or Performer Series 650-800 cfm. Use bracket # 8031 or # 8036 for 1972-78.
- Camshaft Recommendations: Performer RPM #7102, #2201 and #2204
- Port exit dimensions: 1.16" x 1.92"
- Recommended intake gasket: Edelbrock # 7201.
- Use RTV sealant to properly seal end seals, such as Edelbrock High Temp Silicone sealant # 1076, DO NOT USE END SEALS GASKETS.
- Use # 8504 Edelbrock bolt kit
- Sealant must be used on intake bolt threads if the threads extend into lifter valley or coolant passage.
- NPT/Pipe thread fittings require the use of Teflon tape or paste on threads to ensure a proper seal.
- DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN NPT/Pipe fittings, this may cause the aluminum to crack around the fitting boss. NPT/Pipe thread is a tapered thread.
- Hardened washers Must be used with intake bolts to ensure proper torque and prevent galling of the aluminum.
- Will not fit under stock Corvette hood.
- Edelbrock does not recommend the use of an economy type carburetor such as the Performer series 1406 or 1411 on Performer RPM Intake Manifolds. Economy type carburetors are calibrated lean for fuel economy and will not perform properly on this style of intake.
- A carb flange and plenum design that works well with spread-bore (Q-Jet) or square-bore carburetors without the need for adaptors.
- Has provision for exhaust heated divorced choke for Q-Jet Carburetors
- Use Edelbrock rod #9172 for a divorced choke with Q-Jet.
- Proper installation is the responsibility of the installer. Improper installation will void your warranty and may result in poor performance and engine or vehicle damage.