Edelbrock Part # 3701 Performer EGR intake manifold is designed for street 1955-86 small-block Chevys. This manifold accepts late-model choke, water neck, air-conditioning, alternator and H.E.I. Has provisions to add oil fill tube. Not for 1987 and later cast iron or Chevy Bowtie heads. Will fit 1987 and later stock aluminum heads.
- For idle to 5500 RPM street-driven performance
- Dual-plane low-rise Intake with 180-degree firing order
- Patented runner design ensures broad torque curve
- Excellent throttle response and mid-range power
- Accepts late-model choke, water neck and HEI ignition
- Accepts A/C and alternator
- Accepts exhaust heated chokes and accepts EGR
|Car/Engine:||Chevrolet Small Block|
|Engine Notes:||262-400 cui - 1986 and earlier|
|Flange:||Square Bore, Spread Bore|
|Intake Style:||Dual Plane|
- Manifold ht: A-3.50", B-4.60"
- Carburetor pad height: 4.05"
- Carburetor recommendations: OEM 4-Bbl, use choke rod # 9171. Edelbrock AVS2 or Performer Series 500-650 cfm. Use bracket # 8031 or # 8036 for 1972-78
- Camshaft Recommendations: #2102, #2103, #2208, #2209
- Port exit dimensions: 1.14" x 1.88"
- Recommended intake gasket: Edelbrock # 7201.
- Use RTV sealant to properly seal end seals, such as Edelbrock High Temp Silicone sealant # 1076, DO NOT USE END SEALS GASKETS.
- Sealant must be used on intake bolt threads if the threads extend into lifter valley or coolant passage.
- NPT/Pipe thread fittings require the use of Teflon tape or paste on threads to ensure a proper seal.
- DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN NPT/Pipe fittings, this may cause the aluminum to crack around the fitting boss. NPT/Pipe thread is a tapered thread.
- Hardened washers Must be used with intake bolts to ensure proper torque and prevent galling of the aluminum.
- Edelbrock Choke plate # 8901 included
- See Edelbrock adapter # 8035 for clamp-on EGR valve.
- With Edelbrock carburetor # 1400 & # 3701, EGR spacer # 1476 is required.
- Edelbrock # 1476 is required with # 3701 on center bolt heads with 1986 & earlier bolt pattern.
- Edelbrock choke plate # 8901 included
- Proper installation is the responsibility of the installer. Improper installation will void your warranty and may result in poor performance and engine or vehicle damage.